Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What's #humblebrag?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67848582@N04/

Surfing around Twitter, I got curious on the tweet of Jon Favreau about #humblebrag:

 Jon Favreau 
How do I mention I was a question on Jeopardy tonite without committing a ?

Not tweeting a long time, I had to look up what it meant and found a definition at Urban Dictionary:

1.
Humble Brag

A form self promotion where the promoter thinks he is, almost subliminally, bragging about himself in the context of a humble statement or complaint. Everyone listening thinks he a jackass.
I am exhausted from my two week vacation to Hawaii. I need a vacation.
2.
Humble Brag

When you, usually consciously, try to get away with bragging about yourself by couching it in a phony show of humility.
"Your inflatable inner-tube is way cooler than my 80-foot yacht. You get to be so much closer to the water and to nature. I envy you, I really do"

Funny :D



No comments:

Post a Comment